CATALOGUE NUMBER: ATI-26133
DATE OF PUBLICATION: 2010
AUTHOR/PUBLISHER: AIDS Vancouver
This resource is designed as step-by-step guide to provide a practical tool to community-based organizations that plan health communication campaigns. The focus of this guide is on developing communication campaigns for gay men; however it can also be used as a practical tool to plan and develop health communication campaigns for other communities. The guide draws on recent Canadian communication campaigns to highlight lessons learned and successes.
How this guide is set up:
The recommended planning process in this guide consists of the following steps:
1. Form a planning team and set budgeting rules.
2. Determine the unique focus and audience of the campaign.
3. Analyze the audience and set objectives.
4. Identify opportunities and challenges.
5. Select channels and partners.
6. Develop and pre-test messages.
7. Plan for monitoring and evaluation.
8. Establish a timetable.
9. Establish a budget.
Each step contains the following sections:
- Key questions to be addressed.
- Recommendations based on best practices and research highlights.
- Examples from actual campaigns.
- Recommended readings for individuals who would like additional information.